You will get an opportunity to shape your future in an emerging e-commerce company focussed on Food and Grocery in the role of a Category Manager.
The ideal candidate should have the ability to work in an environment with minimal supervision and, possess a high degree of problem solving skills. Operating in a rapidly evolving environment will require the candidate to be comfortable dealing with ambiguous, new and challenging situations. The category manager always represents the best interests of the customer within the organisation.
- Develop a thorough understanding of the category including the customer needs, products in the market, the manufacturers, the trade (traditional and modern) and be on top of trends that shape the category and product vertical
- Plan and execute category/brand/product launches seamlessly by working closely with all the teams within the organisation
- Define, refine and track metrics which help in assessing the health and progress of the category
- Seek continuous feedback from the consumers through online and offline mechanisms to get a feel of the constantly evolving customer requirements
- Responsible for the PnL of the category
- Driving traffic through intelligent merchandising and promotions
- Working closely with the account managers and vendor managers
- Work closely with the product team by providing continuous feedback on improvements in UI and UX
- Work closely with the brand teams of manufacturers to drive specific campaigns and promotions to drive user engagement & orders
- Drive quick experiments in merchandising and marketing – set targets, measure, evaluate, repeat or discard and scale
Over experience of 1-3 years with proven experience as a category manager or similar role in e-commerce. Exposure to FMCG in a trade marketing or branding role would be an added advantage.
- Solid knowledge of category management, marketing and sales principles
- Understanding of data analysis and forecasting methods
- An analytical mind with a strategic ability
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Exposure to SQL, R or similar data analysis tools would be an added advantage
- MBA from a tier-I college would an added advantage