As the Head – Fulfillment Centre and First Mile Operations at Jumbotail you will –
- Lead on numerous improvement and process excellence projects aimed at streamlining activities while driving up performance and quality.
- Lead, motivate and support a large team of outward, inward and reverse logistic operations within a time-sensitive and demanding environment. This will include the setup and implementation of career development plans for all direct reports.
- Be a Subject-Matter Expert on larger processes and activities within the fulfillment center, i.e. with Standard Work procedures across the various FC supply touch points.
- Manage the timely data collection to update overall FC metrics (for eg: #of dispatch and Inward shipment units, Timely dispatch of outward vehicles, MRP, Damage & Expiry issues detected at time of Inward & dispatch) on daily basis, in an inventory control and systems environment, to achieve productivity targets, reduce cost per shipping unit, eliminate errors in dispatch and thus deliver excellent customer service.
- Manage the first mile operations and ensuring the pickup from sellers and vendors are being done in timely manner at the least cost.
- Manage logistics requirement of First mile and line haul logistics by optimizing the capacity and routes
- Manage the returns and liquidation process at FC while coordinating with VM/KAM
- Implement change and contribute in cross-functional Six Sigma initiatives within your site.
- Drive continuous process improvement and make our customer experience better than ever.
An ideal candidate for this role is someone who has-
- Ideally degree qualified in Engineering or a Supply Chain/Logistics/ Manufacturing related discipline or MBA graduate
- Knowledge of Lean, Six Sigma and Kaizen methodologies would be highly advantageous
- Experience in leading large and diverse teams
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Sincere bias for action and be passionate about achieving results and driving production through efficiency and process improvement
- Ability to manage details and establish root cause
- Ability to thrive on change and inclination to operate with flexibility and commit the time required to get the job done. Work shifts, including weekends, in an operational 7/365 environment
- Willing to relocate if necessary
We would like to hear from candidates who have the hunger to impact real lives and who can match our high bar on Core Values that we live by.
- can apply first principles thinking to solve problems
- can envision a great future that you want create
- have the fire in your belly to get out of your cube and do something about your vision and passion
- want to work with some really smart people, and still raise the bar for all of us
- can have fun and help your colleagues have fun doing all of the above..
…we would like to hear from you…