We’re looking for a creative Graphic Designer to join our design team. You will have the unique opportunity to design for an audience, the next billion people, who cannot read/write english or even their mother tongue. The graphics you design will dictate the communication across our mobile app, merchandising and corporate identity.
- Create visually pleasant digital compositions for our mobile app, illustrations, marketing and business collaterals.
- Expert ability to research and design communication systems for an audience who are multilingual and not necessarily literate in their own mother tongue.
- Strong portfolio with prior work experience preferably in e-commerce or any consumer facing digital product.
- Expert knowledge of design tools like Photoshop, Illustrator or Sketch.
- Expert understanding of typography, visual composition, color, layouts and visual consistency.
- Detail oriented with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to acknowledge feedback and manifest it constructively.
- Ability to synthesize a complex message into easily digested visualizations.
- Ability to think user first and understand the implications of the design on user experience.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams of product, user experience and business.
- Should be organized with the creation and delivery of creative assets.
- Should be up to date with the current trends in digital media and product design.
- Ability to work in a fast paced and challenging environment of an early stage startup.
- Bachelor degree in graphic design, visual communication, from top tier institute or equivalent professional experience required.
- At least 2 years of proven professional experience as a graphic designer, visual communication designer or equivalent.
- Experience in graphic design of marketing and branding collaterals.
- Customer-obsessed, detail-oriented, and enthusiastic team player, with excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Highly motivated to design for an audience who represent the next billion people of the country and first time mobile app adopters.
… have a strong sense of design, and can communicate complex thoughts using design
… love solving real world problems using design and technology
… love design and have a natural inclination in solving problems with better design
… can apply first principles thinking to solve problems
… can envision a great future that you want create
… have the fire in your belly to get out of your cube and do something about your vision and passion
… work with some really smart people, and still raise the bar for all of us
… can have fun and help your colleagues have fun doing all of the above..