We are looking for a Visual Designer to join our design team. You will have the opportunity to give life using visual design to a product that can change the face of food and grocery ecosystem in the country. You would design products for the next billion people who cannot read/write english or even their mother tongue, and visual Design is the language of communication for them.
- Design outstanding visuals for Mobile, Web, Backend applications and collaborate closely with UX designers to translate wireframes into visual designs and give life to the user experience.
- Design clean interfaces that visually communicate the UX for a target audience who are non english speaking, first time users of mobile apps.
- Establish the design language, style guides, design libraries and design assets that can be used across multiple apps and use cases.
- Have deep knowledge of Information Design, Iconography, Typography, Layout and Color theory.
- Experience in delivering design assets for development and ability to partner with front-end engineers to ensure design consistency.
- Excellent collaboration, written and verbal communication skills with an eye for detail.
- Excellent knowledge in design tools like Sketch, Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Experience in prototyping designs for mobile and collaborating with user researchers.
- Aware of user-centric design processes from research to design and usability testing.
- Familiarity with Lean UX process. Ability to work with highly technical teams and handle multiple projects in a fast-paced early stage startup environment.
- Experience using user research to inform design decisions.
- Ability to use data to make design decisions, and Ability to work with product/tech teams to study product performance and iterate design backed by data driven hypothesis.
- Bachelors or Masters degree in design from top tier institute or equivalent professional experience required.
- At least 2 years of proven professional experience as visual designer for native mobile applications.
- Customer-obsessed, detail-oriented, and enthusiastic team player, with excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Highly motivated to design for an audience who represent the next billion people of the country and first time mobile app adopters.
… have a strong sense of design, and can communicate complex thoughts using design
… love solving real world problems using design and technology
… love design and have a natural inclination in solving problems with better design
… can apply first principles thinking to solve problems
… can envision a great future that you want create
… have the fire in your belly to get out of your cube and do something about your vision and passion
… work with some really smart people, and still raise the bar for all of us
… can have fun and help your colleagues have fun doing all of the above..