We are looking for an experienced UX Designer who is passionate about designing products for the next billion people of India who have fundamentally different needs – access, language, selection, supply chain, financial, cultural, and the like. The UX designer will be a member of our core design team and will work closely with product and engineering teams to research and design experiences for our customer facing android app, seller apps and associated platforms.
- Compulsive problem-solvers with excellent visualization, collaboration, and communication skills.
- Ability to understand the complex systems, processes, and relationships of people and products.
- Ability to creatively solve problems at all levels of detail, from the big picture to the nuts and bolts.
- Collaborate with user research teams in planning and executing user experience research processes like contextual interviews, card sorting, heuristic evaluations and usability testing.
- Demonstrated experience in turning research insights into viable design concepts and manifesting them into seamless experiences.
- Ability to own end-to-end product design and produce usable designs iteratively.
- Experience in prototyping design concepts for mobile and collaborating with user researchers in the process of evaluation and iterative design.
- Experience in designing mobile apps for indian audience would be preferred.
- Excellent knowledge in design tools like Sketch, Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Great communication skills – ability to present design, communicate concepts and explain design choices.
- Hands on experience and compulsive practitioners of user centric design processes
- Familiarity with Lean UX processes. Ability to work with highly technical teams and handle multiple projects in a fast-paced early stage startup environment
- Experience in performing User Experience Research and Usability Testing.
- Inherently practice documentation of all design processes and design decisions.
- Ability to use data to make design decisions, and Ability to work with product/tech teams to study product performance and iterate design backed by data driven hypothesis
- Bachelors or Masters degree in design from top tier institute or equivalent professional experience required.
- 2 – 5 years of proven professional experience as a product designer or relevant roles.
- Customer-obsessed, detail-oriented, and enthusiastic team player, with excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Highly motivated to design for an audience who represent the next billion people of the country and first time mobile app adopters.
… have a strong sense of design, and can communicate complex thoughts using design
… love solving real world problems using design and technology
… love design and have a natural inclination in solving problems with better design
… can apply first principles thinking to solve problems
… can envision a great future that you want create
… have the fire in your belly to get out of your cube and do something about your vision and passion
… work with some really smart people, and still raise the bar for all of us
… can have fun and help your colleagues have fun doing all of the above..