You will get an opportunity to shape your future in an emerging e-commerce company focussed on Food and Grocery in the roles of a business development manager.
The ideal candidate should have the ability to work in an environment with minimal supervision and, possess a high degree of problem solving skills. Operating in a rapidly evolving environment will require the candidate to be comfortable dealing with ambiguous, new and challenging situations. The role will involve identifying potential sellers for multiple categories on an ongoing basis keeping medium & long term objectives in mind. This involves interaction with a large number of people and ability to network quickly. The ability to market the concept of selling on an e-commerce platform will be important. Key account management skills come into play during the initial period of hand-holding the seller.
- Strong business fundamentals.
- Ability to actively scout for potential sellers.
- Excellent verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Possesses the traits of being an extrovert and strong networking skills.
- Strong understanding of technology and business.
- Demonstrates high level of integrity, and strong work ethic.
- Must be willing to learn and adapt quickly.
- Ability to connect with people across teams & levels.
- Willingness to travel within and across cities.
Desired background & qualifications
- 2-5 years of experience in a BD and KAM function.
- Educational background – MBA preferred but open to individuals with relevant experience.
- Exposure to food/FMCG industry and e-commerce would be an added advantage.
- Strong grasp over English, Kannada and Hindi languages.
Should be open to relocation to major cities in India.