As an Analyst – Credit and Payments at Jumbotail you will-
- Build a model leveraging non traditional sources of data (phone data, social networks, psychometric data, business transactions with Jumbotail) that will help determine who we can lend to and who we cannot.
- Lead investigations to push our understanding of our customers needs and behavior and the broader market through focused research and analysis projects. This will help us evolve our payment and credit offerings to our customers.
- Design experiments to answer targeted questions around customers, products or operations. Input in the above
- Conduct exploratory data analysis in high dimensions, and develop the dashboards and metrics that will provide the insight to improve the operations of the Credit and Payments team.
An ideal candidate for this role is someone who has-
- At least bachelor’s degree in Statistics or other quantitative disciplines such as Engineering, Applied Mathematics, Economics and so on from a top university (IIT/ BITS/ IISc/ MIT/ CMU/ Harvard/ Stanford etc.)
- 3-5 years professional experience in an analytical role in a research or consulting organization (eg. in finance, consulting or strategy/analytics group in a top tier company).
- Directly applicable experience in risk modeling using alternative data sources at a NBFC, MFI or similar financial institution focused on the financial inclusion of small and medium enterprises would be a significant advantage.
- Thorough knowledge of a top data analysis tool (eg. R, STATA,Tableu,SASS) is required.
- Experience with working with large data sets and query languages such as SQL is required.
- Familiarity with general programming languages (eg. Python) would be a bonus.
- Ability to formulate conceptual questions, develop an analytical strategy to address the question, and draw conclusions.
- Willingness to learn new techniques.
- Excellent written and verbal presentation skills.
- A technology mindset with strong skills in data and analytics
We are looking for warriors who have the hunger to impact real lives and who can match our high bar on Core Values that we live by.
- can apply first principles thinking to solve problems
- can envision a great future that you want create
- have the fire in your belly to get out of your cube and do something about your vision and passion
- want to work with some really smart people, and still raise the bar for all of us
- can have fun and help your colleagues have fun doing all of the above..
…we would like to hear from you…