We are looking for a super smart analyst adept at analytical problem solving and skilled in data analytics and statistical methods. She or he will work with Jumbotail’s Credit and Payments team to provide modern financial services and credit to the small kirana shopkeepers who are the conduit through which most Indian’s buy the food and groceries they eat everyday. In short, you’ll be working on the cutting edge intersection of food, technology, data analytics that lie at the heart of India’s economic development.
- Build a model leveraging nontraditional sources of data (phone data, social networks, psychometric data, business transactions with Jumbotail) that will help determine who we can lend to and who we cannot.
- Lead investigations to push our understanding of our customers needs and behavior and the broader market through focused research and analysis projects. This will help us evolve our payment and credit offerings to our customers.
- Design experiments to answer targeted questions around customers, products or operations.
Conduct exploratory data analysis in high dimensions, and develop the dashboards and metrics that will provide the insight to improve the operations of the Credit and Payments team.
- At least bachelor’s degree in Statistics or other quantitative disciplines such as Engineering, Applied Mathematics, Economics and son from a top university (IIT/ BITS/ IISc/ MIT/ CMU/ Harvard/ Stanford etc.)
- 3-5 years professional experience in an analytical role in a research or consulting organization (eg. in finance, consulting or strategy/analytics group in a top tier company).
- Directly applicable experience in risk modeling using alternative data sources at a NBFC, MFI or similar financial institution focused on the financial inclusion of small and medium enterprises would be a significant advantage.
- Thorough knowledge of a top data analysis tool (eg. R, STATA, SASS) is required.
- Experience with working with large data sets and query languages such as SQL is required.
- Familiarity with general programming languages (eg. Python) would be a bonus.
- Ability to formulate conceptual questions, develop an analytical strategy to address the question, and draw conclusions.
- Willingness to learn new techniques.
- Excellent written and verbal presentation skills.
… can envision a great future and have the fire in your belly to get out of your cube and do something about your vision and passion
… believe in excellence and doing things of high quality and speed
… love solving real world problems using first principles, data and technology
… have a technology mindset with strong skills in data and analytics
… have an innate hunger to do more
… can build and lead great teams
… work with some really smart people in a demanding, fast paced work environment
… can have fun and help your colleagues have fun doing all of the above…